Note: If the establishment is large and has several bars or serving areas, a licensed operator is required to be in charge of each distinct area.Are there any exceptions to the Responsible Serving requirements for Bartenders, Sellers, & Servers?
Yes, you may be able to waive that requirement if:
- you are renewing a valid operator's license
- you held a Wisconsin retail or operator's license within the last 2 years, or
- you completed an approved responsible beverage serving training requirement in the last 2 years.
To receive an Wisconsin Operator's License you must:
- be at least 18 years old
- meet criminal record requirements, and
- be certified by a responsible beverage service training program.
Your Operator's license can be used throughout your municipality. However, it is important to understand that an Operator's License is only valid for the municipality in which it was issued.
REQUIRED ONSITE SUPERVISION OF LICENSED PREMISES
Read the law regarding requirements for on-site supervision of establishments licensed to sell/serve alcohol in Wisconsin.